JFAMILY

Monday, June 30, 2008

BACK FROM THE VET

VETGARDEN01

Janice is back!! She’s home resting now!! I’m sure this is what all of you might want to hear, right? Well, she might be fine now but things for did not worked out as I had planned earlier.

THE GOOD NEWS:

VETGARDEN02

Janice did not even realize that she was going to the vet to be spayed. She was still enjoying the beach views on the way to the vet. At the vet’s place, she was in her usual energetic mood stalking for small birds in the garden. I guessed she was still too young to understand the meaning of “LadyGardenectomy”.

VETGARDEN03

Everything went on smoothly when we checked in at quarter to 9am for the appointment. Within a few seconds after given the anesthetic jab, she was already knocked off. The operation took barely an hour and by 11.15am, she was ready to check out. She is sleeping tightly in her bed now.

THE BAD NEWS:

When all the excitements were around, my digital camera decided to “die” with its lens stuck. No matter how many times I had removed and put back the fully charged rechargeable batteries, it refused to move. Minutes and hours had passed and I am missing out videoing the experiences I had with Janice at the vet. The one and only shot I had after the operation is this shot. It looked like a smile but in fact that’s the part the vet had taken out from Janice’s body. Maybe certain things God might have prohibited me to share around here. Instead, He gave me a blur photo of a “Smile”.

VETGARDEN04

So, you might not get any photo updates for some times until I get the camera fixed if only I can get out of the house now. The boys had been going all over Janice’s sleeping body now and I’m afraid that they might hurt her. I have to be beside her all the time until she’s fully awake.

At 1.30pm, I got panicked as she vomited yellow fluid and stained my sofa. I immediately called the vet and was assured that it was normal to vomit as Janice may not be used to being on diet. She’s a heavy eater! At 2.15pm, she vomited again when I tried to give her some water and some chicken meat which I had prepared just for her. The boys were aiming at the food all the time, so did Papa Jon and Mama Jess. At 3.00pm, she could stand up and walk a bit but still stumble back onto the floor.

I have to keep guard on her moves every single minute. It’s tiring as she did not let me sleep the whole of last night with her howling and crying being encaged. I have no choice. That’s the pre-operation instruction that I will have to follow. No food after 6pm and no water after midnight.

Please excuse me. I’m very exhausted and almost dozed off right in front of my screen just now. I will put forward my CATSOPHERE reviews until next week. Let’s hope I can borrow a digital camera for some time until my camera is back. Have a great week ahead! :)

18 comments:

Katie said...

I am glad things went well, and I hope that Janice is feeling better soon. It's never an easy thing to go through but it's great to see that Janice has so much support. :)

Keep us updated on her progress.

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We will be purring for Janice, hope she feels better soon. ~Socks, Scylla & Charybdis

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

Oh, Mommy was so happy to hear that Janice came through the operation and is doing fine! That is great news! We are hoping that Papa Criz gets some sleep! We are sorry about your camera. Maybe it needs an operation too.

Take care!!!

Please give Janice and all the J's purrs from us!

The Meezers or Billy said...

we are glad things went well. wow, they didn't keep her long did they! feel better janice!

Mickey's Musings said...

I am so happy Janice is OK and resting.You need some rest too :)
I hope your camera is an easy fix!!!
Purrs Mickey

Choong Kwee Kim said...

Hi Criz,

Janice is so blessed to have a loving owner like you. Hope she's recuperating and eating well now.

KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

So glad everyone is home and recovering.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

I hope that Janice starts feeling better soon.

The Island Cats said...

Hi Janice! We're glad that everything went well at the v.e.t. Operations are never fun... Hope you are up and at 'em real soon!!!!

Wally, Ernie & Zoey

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Oh dat pesky annis-tetik...hope yoo are feeling better and better Janice, we'll be purring fur yoo.

Daisy said...

I am glad to hear that the operation went smoothly for Janice and she is on the road to recovery. I hope your camera is on the road to recovery, too!

Jans Funny Farm said...

We can only imagine how exhausted you are trying to keep an eye on Janice after a sleepless night. We hope you get a good rest and Janice does well with no complications.

purrs and tail wags

Mo and The Purries said...

Oh Criz, no doubt she will bounce back very quickly - both Daphne & Chloe were practically their old selves within 24 hours of their surgery, and I was the one trying to tell them to calm down!
Sending lots of purrs to both you and Janice!

Not The Mama and the Purries from Purrchance To Dream

Marilynn said...

We'll all be purring and praying for Janice. Grace and I are sure she'll be OK in a few days; I was amazed at how fast Grace healed up and wanted to be active after she got home. I had to restrain her, of course, but the fact that she WANTED to be active was a good sign, in my mind.

Janice will, too -- purrs and hugs to her. =)

Marilynn, Grace & Company

PB 'n J said...

We're so glad everything went well!

Meowers from Missouri said...

oh, lady janice, we hopes you awake rested an' ready to enjoy life at home again, but take it easy for a few days, eh? an' let papa criz have a nap next time you take one, ok?

Asta said...

I hope Janicewill wecovew quickly and fully
I'm sending special healing smoochie kisses
Love
ASTA

The Cat Realm said...

We are sending some healing purrs for little Janice! we know she will be fine and then Criz can get some rest too!
Karl and Mrs. OZ

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin