JFAMILY

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

CATS ON TUESDAY – JONATHAN THE DESPERADO

CATSTUESDAYLOGO144
The link above is where cat lovers all over the world gathered and share their updates on their pets on every Tuesday. Feel free to drop in if you are a cat lover.

DESPERADO01

When I woke up a few days ago, I got panicked as I could not find Jonathan anywhere in my house. As I was hunting high and low for him, I noticed something not right. I saw a small hole in my stainless steel netting which I had put up to stop any unwanted insects from coming into the house. Then I realized it must be his doing. Who else would have jumped so high up in the ceiling and desperately wanting to get out? Jonathan of course! I could not believe my eyes he actually did this.

DESPERADO02

Even a gigantic rat would not be able to bite through that steel netting. Well, Jonathan would have had steel teeth in order to do that!

DESPERADO03

I was trying to figure out what made him do that? He used to wait for me to wake up to open the door for his usual morning stroll. Then I remembered that one of the strays out there was on heat. She has been giving out continuous cries to attract my handsome prince to conceive her. I would never have thought that Jonathan would be so desperate for sex until that extent of tearing down my house. I was reluctant to spay him of his manhood but this is getting to be too much.

I thought of repairing the hole but what is the point of replacing it and get torn down again? I flatten a thin box and covered the hole with it. I waited and waited to catch him in his desperate attempt but he was in his best behavior sleeping next to my feet. Both of us waited until the wee hours of the morning. I was so sure that he would do that again. I pretended to go to the kitchen to get a glass of water. When I was back, he was two feet away from where he was. I continued to work on my computer. When I stood up to go to the bathroom to brush my teeth, I can see that he was staring at my moves. When I came back, he was quietly sleeping at the foot of the hole next to the sofa. I just pretended I did not notice that.

Five minutes later, he was sleeping on the sofa. He thought that only one jump on the head rest and he would be free. Fifteen minutes later, he did jump up but was disappointed that I had the hole closed. Desperately, he tried to claw down the steel netting but he could not. He then chewed and tore the small hole which he did earlier in anger. He gave up eventually. Luckily, I had my camera fully charged to show you what he did. I thought I would be safe to keep him out from that fleas infested stray but I was wrong. He literally tore the whole netting down when I was fast asleep. Geez! Smart cat… stupid owner! :P

11 comments:

Cecil the Cougar: said...

Oh Jonathan you is a naughty boy!! You will now be nooterd, but do not worry you do not need those manbits. It will save your teefs in the long run too, no more chewing metal to get out to girls. WHO NEEDS GIRLS ANYWAY!

Gattina said...

OMG ! that proves again how cats can be bullheaded and especially when there is such a nice girl outside ! fleas or not fleas, lol ! I am sure he would work on that for days until the hole is open again ! You really should have him spayed he would suffer less from his "girl hunting" ! In our house ALL doors are always open because especially Lisa hates a closed door and would scratch for hours (until the door is broken) to get it open !

Ellen Whyte said...

Clever Johnathan! He will get his own way eventually - he's a cat!

Both Au and Target are spayed - and although they don't chase girls, they do have a good time playing int he garden, chasing each other etc. Do consider it. It's better than having kittens, and a boy cat who's desperately unfulfilled.

Anonymous said...

We think all cats should be neutered before sexual maturity. This is more important with males, as this is also the time they will start spraying. You think it's frustrating now....

Deana said...

Yes when they want sex they are crazy and fearless. When I was a young girl my dad had a stallion that jumped the fence and was hit by a car trying to get to his lover. But the car was totaled and the horse uninjured! My mom made my dad cut the horse. I had Darius fixed early because the bigger Tom's beat him up and ripped his little ear so I just had him fixed. I can't believe that big hole, but you know how love can make you do crazy things!

Daisy said...

Oh my goodness! That is some determination!

Luna und Luzie said...

Wow, that´s stubbornly. I also think it is better to neuter Jonathan. we had the same with our dog, when the neighbor dogs are in the heat. He bites into the front door and run away for miles. now he´s neutered and it is better.
Good Luck!

Irishcoda said...

Wow and I thought Sox was over-anxious to get out of the house! If you get Jonathan neutered at least he won't be chewing through your netting. Goodness, that can't be good for his teeth either :P

admin said...

well, frankly speaking, I have no idea whether to be neutered is good or not, cos for 30 years having ctas as my family, I never sterilized them....

maybe I'm kind of naturalistic tipe, besides, I feel violating their rights to mate & enjoying their mating if I do that to them...but everything is up to the owners.

Felinesopher and her kitties gank, Meaouwy Troops from Jakarta

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! He is determined!

My kitties are all strictly indoor cats too (unlike Europe, we can do that in the US because we have screens on the windows like you do) and they have NEVER done that! They have managed to pop a screen out before, but I think that was an accident.

Maybe if you have him neutered he'll be less anxious to get out?

Also, here in the US they make really tough animal-proof screening that you can replace regular screens with. I once used it to keep my dog from tearing through the screen door to get in the house, and it worked well.

Good luck!

Unknown said...

OMG that's crazy desperate! That's a cat with a mission! LOL

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin